Since I’ve had this site up for a bit, I decided to go ahead and set up a Facebook page
Feel free to visit the page.
The same website that gives worksheets for elementary school kids of all ages, is now holding a contest. The deadline is Halloween and winner will win 500 towards a college fund, 1000 donation and a lifetime membership to Education.com for their teacher.
This contest is made to inspire creativity in the form of story telling and art.
There will be one winner from each grade, K-5th and the details can be found on the website. Go to Education.com (here) for all details and to enter
Six (6) students will be selected to win the following:
- $500 to contribute to future education expenses.
- $1000 donation for their school or local library.
- Premium lifetime membership to Education.com for their educator.
How to apply
Students will need to do the following by October 31, 2019 to apply:
- Obtain a completed consent form signed by the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
- Respond to the following prompt in the appropriate format (listed below): Describe a time when you were having so much fun, you didn’t realize you were learning something new!
- Kindergarten students: Create a piece of art (e.g. draw or paint a picture) and write about what is happening, or ask an adult to write a sentence or two describing your picture.
- 1st grade students: Create a piece of art (e.g. draw or paint a picture) and write 1–3 sentences about it.
- 2nd grade students: Write a short story (5–8 sentences) and create at least one picture to illustrate it.
- 3rd grade: Write a short story, journal entry, or comic strip.
- 4th grade: Write a short story, journal entry, poem, or comic strip.
- 5th grade: Write a personal narrative, short story, poem, or comic strip.
- Submit the above to our judges:
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Via standard mail to:
401 East Third Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
Attn: Limitless Learners